Are you a 2nd Line Engineer looking for the opportunity to join an established IT Service provider?
Do you want a varied role that will enable you to work on challenging solutions where you will gain training and support to progress further in your career?
A rapidly expanding IT managed service provider in Manchester are now looking for a 2nd Line Engineer to join their team, where you will be responsible for supporting IT solutions for a variety of clients across the North West.
It’s a brilliant opportunity for you to work on complex projects that will give you exposure to new skills and technologies that will push you towards 3rd line and beyond.
- Providing 2nd Line and some 3rd Line support to a variety of clients, being a point of technical escalation for support issues.
- Proactively monitoring client infrastructure to prevent downtime and major incidents that may otherwise arise.
- Working with clients to provide both remote and on-site solutions, adhering to multiple SLAs.
- Participating in an on-call rota to provide out of hours support when required.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting Windows Server environments including Active Directory, Exchange & Office
- Knowledge of setup and support of HP and Cisco UCS Servers
- Virtualisation experience using VMware and Hyper-V, and virtualisation across multiple datacentres
- Experience of backup, recovery and replication using Veeam or BackupExec.
- A good knowledge of SAN/DAS/NAS, preferably with Netapp
- Exposure to networking including switching and routing would be beneficial.
- A desire to learn and continuously keep up to date with current and emerging technologies will enable you to be at the forefront of further projects and to work across their client portfolio.
- Experience working in a Managed Services environment, with the ability to support multiple client infrastructures would be highly beneficial.
If you want to take your career to the next level and work on a multitude of interesting projects with one of the UKs leading IT service providers, APPLY NOW!